Stay Compliant with 70E
If you work in conditions where arc flash is a potential hazard, chances are you’ve heard about NFPA 70E. NFPA 70E is a Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace, created by the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) that recommends safety practices for electrical personnel working in environments with high risk of arc flash. The NFPA 70E standard addresses in detail the personal protective equipment required in electrical work, including clothing that complies with the appropriate levels of Hazard Risk Categories (HRC) based on specific work situations.
Compliance Meets Comfort
DRIFIRE® offers a full line of electrical safety clothing that is arc-rated, offering HRC 1 and HRC 2 protection. Offering permanent flame resistant, no-melt, no-drip knit and woven fabrics that are self-extinguishing, DRIFIRE gives you what you need to meet your workplace’s HRC guidelines. From woven shirts to arc-rated undergarments, DRIFIRE provides a range of layers of 70E-compliant clothing that ensure ultimate protection and comfort across all weather conditions. We know that sweat, bulky seams and the odor retention of certain fabrics can be distractions that keep you from doing your best. With moisture wicking garments that dry faster than cotton, are designed to increase comfort, and provide odor resistance to keep you fresher longer, our NFPA 70E-compliant clothing minimizes distractions to keep you focused, compliant, and ready to do your best work.
The DRIFIRE Promise: Our goal is to provide you with garments that are comfortable so that you can be safe and compliant with safety regulations at your workplace. Our garments offer the following features and benefits:
- Inherent, permanent flame resistance that won’t wash or wear out for the wearable lifespan of your garment
- No-melt, no-drip fabrics that will not fuse to skin or ignite when exposed to open flames, and will self-extinguish when the ignition source is removed
- Excellent moisture wicking properties to move sweat away from your skin
- Fast drying - significantly faster than cotton garments
- Odor resistant fabrics that will keep you fresher longer
- A range of designs and fabric options that can be layered, mixed, and matched to meet your unique comfort and safety needs
- A line of high-visibility, FR clothing that meets ANSI Class 2 and Class 3 guidelines to ensure comfort and safety in conditions where high visibility is a must.